Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
What to do before help arrives?
One of the most important actions to take before help arrives, is to stop the source of where the water is coming from. If it is safe, be sure to turn the water shut off valve off. Once the source is stopped, it is time to call the highly trained professionals at SERVPRO of St. Cloud. The office staff will communicate with you how quickly our crew can respond. The crew will be there as quickly as possible to help alleviate your concerns and begin the drying process. All of this is important because the longer the water sits, the severity of the damages increase.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (320) 248-5400
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.