Toilet Overflow & Leaks
Water Damage? Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud to Help You!
In the perfect world, your toilet would never leak. Sadly, the world is not perfect, and toilets do leak. When a toilet does leak, it is not pretty. Toilet water damage can be a costly expense.
Sone thing that is worse is that one third of toilet catastrophes start with a clogged or overflowing toilet – something that can be easily avoided if proper toilet maintenance is performed.
What Do I Do If My Toilet Overflows?
- Adjust the float. If the toilet is overflowing not because of a blockage, then it could be that a simple float adjustment could save you from an overflow and toilet water damage. Lower or raise the float until the desired bowl fill level is reached.
- Do not flush again. If your toilet is clogged, avoid the temptation to keep flushing the toilet to see if the waste will go away.
- Try a plunger. If the toilet is clogged but not spilling water onto your bathroom floor, try dislodging the clog with a plunger.
- Turn off the water. If your toilet bowl is overflowing, then your first step should always be to turn off the water supply to your toilet. This knob is usually located on the wall near the base of the toilet, below the tank.
- Reach out to a professional plumber to fix the problem.
- Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400 to safely clean up any toilet water damage.
Is Toilet Water Dangerous?
The short answer? Potentially. If your toilet overflows and contains any raw sewage or fecal matter, then you should not touch it without wearing proper protective clothing. Toilet water that has soaked into your carpets or flooring is considered a biohazard because it is full of microparticles that could quickly develop into mold or fungus if not properly sanitized.
Instead of trying to handle toilet water damage yourself, call SERVPRO of St. Cloud. Our crew has the proper sanitation chemicals to ensure that your house does not develop mold and that your hardwood floors are not ruined forever.
If you are to suffer water damage from a toilet overflow or other mishap, SERVPRO of St. Cloud would love the opportunity to help you!
Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400 if you do experience any water damage! We are here to help you 24/7!
Prevent Storm Damage
If you are to suffer any damages from storms. Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
Check Out These Helpful Tips Below!
Water damage to your residential or commercial property can be disruptive and costly. That is why as an owner to a residential or commercial property, you should be prepared. There are several tips that can prevent water damage to your home in Central Minnesota! These simple tips can help to alleviate damages happening to your residential or commercial property.
- Maintain gutters and downspouts, keeping them free of debris and leaves and repairing them if they are sagging.
- Inspect your gutters' capacity - after fifteen minutes of heavy rain, if water overflows the gutters, install additional downspouts.
- Extend downspouts at least ten feet away from the house
- Take time this fall to check your gutters.
These few simple tips outlined above can go a long way to prevent water from coming into your residential or commercial property!
If you are to suffer from any water damage to your residential or commercial property, you can always trust SERVPRO of St. Cloud to help!
Our crew is a call away 24/7 at (320) 248-5400. We will be sure to give you our immediate attention and response. As we understand the importance of the response time when damages or disasters strike.
Has Your Business Suffered Water, Fire, or Mold Damage?
If you experience any damages to your commercial building, call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
Water damage can occur in a commercial establishment due to several causes. Many times this is occurring when it is least expected. Although, obvious damages can be evident on items and other properties like water-soaked carpet and furniture, property owners should be aware that there are other hazards that would put the inhabitants of a property at risk.
This is exactly why water damage restoration is so important. Water damage restoration is always beneficial whenever there has been water damage to your property. Calling in a team of experts ensures that the job to restore the damaged is done quickly and right. Some people might think that water damage restoration is a DIY job. However, if you don’t do it right, you might put your property at risk.
As professionals, we are well equipped in handling situations such as these. We use personal protective equipment such as protective eye wear, suits, gloves, boots and respirators with an N-95 filter. These things are important because the mold can become airborne while it is being removed.
Structural Risks Associated with Water Damage
When the property is exposed or soaked in water for a prolonged period, it can cause certain negative effects and subsequent damages to the structure. These effects include the following:
- Direct damage to the structural materials can result in structural instability. This includes weakening of the wall boards, weakening of the ground earth integrity, twisting and tilting of the support columns, termite damage and more.
- Malfunctions in the electrical system can cause short circuits leading to shock or fires. Water can also cause considerable damage to electronics, electrical appliances and other components.
- Prolonged exposure to water can cause corrosion to gas pipes, which eventually may result in leaks. Gas leaks can cause gas poisoning or even fires.
- Damage from water to possessions and other parts of the house including damage to items, peeling of paints, stains on furnishings and textiles, and damaged documents like books, photographs, and parchments.
When these damages continue unabated, it will create further damage to other structural components like metals, wood and even masonry. These damages can become very evident and will eventually lead to a significant decrease in the property/market value.
Effective steps are needed to tackle these structural hazards which come after water damage. It is better to prevent a problem than to solve it.
If you have any damages, call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
Storm Damage in St. Cloud, MN - Surrounding Areas
Storm Damage? Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
SERVPRO of St. Cloud specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit St. Cloud, Sartell, Sauk Rapids, Foley, and all surrounding areas we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (320) 248-5400!
Fire Damage? - Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud
If you experience fire damage, call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
Reach Our Crew at (320) 248-5400!
Once the fire trucks are gone, your journey is just beginning. That’s because your home or business almost certainly suffered smoke and fire damage as well as possible water damage. But the professionals at SERVPRO of St. Cloud have the skills and equipment necessary to restore your house or business to the way it was before the fire.
Each fire is different and every home or business requires its own specific approach, but the following is the general process we follow in a typical fire restoration situation:
- Emergency response: When you make your call to us, the restoration process begins. Our customer service representative will ask the right questions so that we can respond quickly and bring along the right resources and equipment.
- Inspection and assessment: We inspect the impacted area and adjoining rooms to find out the extent of the soot, smoke and other fire damage, then we can develop our plan of action.
- Securing the structure: Preventing further damage is essential, so we take immediate action to board up broken windows, shore up damaged walls and put tarps over damaged sections of the roof.
- Water removal: When water damage is present, we immediately start water removal. Dehumidifiers and air movers are used to get all the water from your home and complete the drying process.
- Surface soot and smoke removal: Using special equipment and time-tested techniques, we get rid of soot and smoke from the ceiling, all walls and other hard surfaces.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: Restorable items require cleaning and sanitizing. A variety of cleaning products and techniques are used to accomplish this as appropriate. This process includes odor removal using foggers and industrial-strength air scrubbers.
- Restoration: Getting things back to normal is the final step in the process. This can involve small repairs, drywall replacement, new carpet installation, painting and more. Major construction may sometimes also be required.
For an easy and hassle-free experience, trust SERVPRO of St. Cloud to help manage everything for you, including the insurance claims process.
Call (320) 248-5400! We are available 24/7 to meet your needs!
SERVPRO of St. Cloud Responds to Commercial Losses
Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud if your commercial property experiences a loss!
Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
When a commercial building is in good condition, property managers won't expect the slightest water leak in the ceiling to cause a major problem. However, an instantaneous pipe bursting can cause a catastrophic event due to flooding. Water damage can be a major issue and, if not properly handled, can lead to mold and other problems.
These are a few reasons to use SERVPRO of St. Cloud in Central Minnesota- including St. Cloud, Sauk Rapids, Foley, Sartell, and other surrounding cities- to clean, restore, and repair commercial buildings after a water or fire loss.
- Remove the water damage: To remedy the situation n a timely manner, it is important to hire a professional to repair the structure. SERVPRO of St. Cloud is equipped with equipment that can dry your structure in a scientific and calculated way. We will place the appropriate equipment in your building so you will be back in business as quickly as possible.
- Prevent further damage: Water damage can cause an unpleasant odor; it also sinks into the walls and flooring causing discoloration and mold. Drying the area with excessive heat causes humidity to increase which leads to bacteria. To prevent this, commercial businesses must act quickly as possible by calling a emergency restoration company such as SERVPRO of St. Cloud.
SERVPRO of St. Cloud services include water damage restoration, mold remediation, storm restoration, fire damage repair, and bio-hazard cleanup. We understand how important it is to respond to an emergency and help our customers in a difficult situation.
If your business suffers a water or fire loss, please contact our office 24/7 at (320) 248-5400! We are here to help!
SERVPRO of St. Cloud - Water Damage
Call our crew with any water damage at (320) 248-5400!
Contact us at (320) 248-5400!
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of St. Cloud provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of St. Cloud arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (320) 248-5400.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of St. Cloud
SERVPRO of St. Cloud specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Reach us 24/7 at (320) 248-5400!
Here to Help The Community
Call the SERVPRO of St. Cloud crew at (320) 248-5400!
SERVPRO of St. Cloud is a local company that has been active in helping the community during these unprecedented times. Whether it has been on residential or commercial properties, we have been helping in any way we can with all the changing circumstances. Our crew has stayed updated on all of the changing circumstances and factors to ensure that we can help our customers to the best of our abilities.
The crew at SERVPRO of St. Cloud is able to help in residential and commercial properties when it comes to Coronavirus Cleaning. Both of which our crew is experienced in cleaning. We are always happy to answer any questions that you may have about the process, pricing, etc.
Reaching out to SERVPRO of St. Cloud is an easy process due to our availability being 24/7. Give (320) 248-5400 a call with any concerns or questions that you may have. We will do everything we can to help you moving forward.
If you or anyone you know is in the need of Coronavirus Cleaning, reach out to our crew. We are prepared to help you, and want to be there for you during these times!
Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400!
SERVPRO of St. Cloud is Ready
Commercial building damage? Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400! We are available 24/7, and here to help!
SERVPRO of St. Cloud is here to help in all commercial buildings!
Flooding and water damage events at St. Cloud, Foley, Sartell, Sauk Rapids or surrounding area commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of St. Cloud
SERVPRO of St. Cloud specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Drying Techniques - SERVPRO of St. Cloud
Water damage to flooring? Call us at (320) 248-5400!
Check out this story below!
This home in Central Minnesota suffered water damage as water seeped under the hardwood floors. SERVPRO of St. Cloud responded and utilized the inject dry hardwood floor drying system. This state of of the art equipment is used to dry hard to reach areas such as under hardwood floorings where regular dehumidifiers just can't quite reach. When caught in time, this can keep your expensive hardwood and engineered hardwood from warping. Meaning that the flooring would be saved, and would not need to be replaced.
Our crew at SERVPRO of St. Cloud’s goal is to restore and not to replace to the best of our ability. That is why this equipment is very essential when trying to save flooring.
The largest criteria to be cost effective after a water loss is to contact a professional immediately. The faster that water can be extracted from materials found at your home, the less damage that is found.
Should you have any water damage to your home or business, please contact SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400 for all your restoration needs!
We are available 24/7, and here to help you when in need!