SERVPRO of St. Cloud cleans up mold!
Mold is a type of fungus. Mold spores are found in both the indoor and outdoor air, but they will only grow if they find the right conditions. Mold requires three simple elements to grow:
- Moderate temperatures
- Nutrients (food)
Mold can start to grow on interior building surfaces and furnishings if there is too much moisture. Eventually, the mold will damage the materials it is growing on and may cause health effects for occupants.
Mold and Your Health
Health effects from mold can vary greatly from person to person. Common symptoms can include coughing, runny nose, wheezing and sore throat. People with asthma or allergies may notice their symptoms worsen.
All molds are a potential health hazard
Many molds are capable of producing substances that can be harmful to your health. Molds can produce allergens and irritants that can cause illness. For this reason, all indoor mold growth should be removed promptly, regardless of the type of mold present.
Mold and water can show up in many places
- Leaking roofs and ice dams
- High humidity in bathrooms and kitchens
- Leaking pipes
- Flooding in basement
- Pooling water at foundation
- Condensation on windows and exterior walls
Should you suspect mold in your home or business, call SERVPRO of St. Cloud for consultation at (320) 248-5400.