Actions To Prevent Mold In Commercial Buildings
6 Key Tips!
SERVPRO of St. Cloud understands the importance of keeping your business open. That is why we want to share some key tips to help prevent mold growth within the commercial building.
Where Does Mold Come From?
Mold can grow on a variety of materials, including drywall, carpeting, fabrics and wood. There are some commercial buildings that are designed to maintain a consistent interior temperature. Due to this, it is providing favorable conditions for mold growth.
Key Tips & Ideas:
1. Routinely inspect the building for mold, moisture, and water damage.
2. Repair any damages or leaks immediately.
3. Conduct proper housekeeping in all areas of the commercial building to keep them dry.
4. Make sure all HVAC ducts and systems are free of moisture.
5. Clean HVAC system coils and drip pans regularly.
6. Know the location of HVAC air intakes - trying to keep away from where standing water is present.
All of these are tips & ideas to help prevent the growth of mold in commercial buildings, but cannot guarantee no growth of mold.
If your commercial building is questioning the presence of mold or mold growth, call SERVPRO of St. Cloud to come in and contact a mold test. Our crew will arrive in a timely manner, as we are available 24/7.
The SERVPRO of St. Cloud crew can be reached by contacting us at (320) 248-5400!