SERVPRO of St. Cloud is here to help your business if you have water damage!
Commercial buildings with water damage needs quick response times- Let SERVPRO of St. Cloud help!
Commercial Water Damage
You can never predict how water damage is going to strike your business regardless of if it’s from a plumbing leak, a storm, roof damage or any other catastrophic event. It can leak into walls, ceilings, floors, furnishings and other areas of the facility. Not only can the water damage your contents, but also the building itself. The longer it’s left the more damage that can happen. Understanding how important it is to get these repairs done can literally save the property. Disaster can strike at any time, it usually strikes when it’s least expected. Using our emergency helpline, you can ensure that your facility is protected by our highly qualified and trained team. SERVPRO of St. Cloud can be at your property within hours.
Understanding Water Damage Characteristics
It doesn’t matter what caused the water damage. We can determine the cause and immediately begin working on your facility and the contents. After we address the root cause of the water damage issue, we will begin to remove and salvage anything that can be salvaged. Then, we begin to make the emergency repairs. We work closely with your insurance company and work to get your company back in business as quickly as possible.
If your property has any water damage, it’s important to give us a call right away. Standing water can quickly spread and ruin your entire building. In no time at all your carpet, upholstery, records and books can all be damaged or destroyed. Furnishings made of wood may swell and parts may even disintegrate. Metal surfaces may be damaged as well. Standing water must be removed as quickly as possible to prevent further damage.
There are many potential long-term effects of water damage. These include bacteria and molds as well as the unpleasant odor. There are also more allergens. Left alone, more damage may occur as wood warps and splits and dries out. Windows and doors may not close properly. It’s vital to address the issues in the first few days to help reduce the amount of permanent damage and reduce restoration costs.
In many cases, the damage may not be obvious. It might only be noticeable by the smell and mold growth. Small leaks may cause a lot of potential damage if they’re not quickly dealt with.
Dealing With The Water
In dealing with the water, you’ll have to start with the flood damage to the property and contents. Using a high-volume desiccant and dehumidifiers, the dry air is forced into the damp areas and minimizes the risk of more damages. Prior to this process, the source of the water intrusion is identified and controlled. The level of contamination must first be controlled and then repairs begun. In removing the standing water, the mold growth is controlled and stopped. As the water begins to evaporate the humidity level is lowered. It’s vital to completely remove all of the water and humidity. This can prevent further damage to the facility.
Document And Content Recovery
We offer full services and understand how vital it is to recover the contents of your business. All content that is salvageable will be removed and restored in a secure facility. These can be professionally packed and stored with a specific barcode prior to returning it to your fully restored facility. Upon completion, our dedicated staff will ensure that everything is placed back into your facility as it should be. Every care is taken to ensure that all electronic media, hard disks, drives and optical disks are recovered as fully as possible. This can help to keep things running. Years ago, this wasn’t possible. Thanks to modern technology, it’s now very possible.
We understand that each day your company isn’t in business can cost you money. For this reason, the skilled team at SERVPRO of St. Cloud begins the task of restoration immediately. We want to get you back up and running as soon as possible. We’re not happy until you’re happy. We also ensure that your facility has no contaminants lingering after the restoration process. We clean air ducts, HVAC systems and ensure that no harmful contaminants or air ducts are lurking about.
Give SERVPRO of St. Cloud a call today and let us know how we can help you get your company back up and running after water damage. Our professionals are waiting to help you with any standing water or water issues. You’ll be glad you chose us.
Remember, we’re only a phone call away at (320) 248-5400.
What to do and NOT to do if you experience fire damage.
SERVPRO of St. Cloud helping to clean up business fire!
Everyone always seems to have great advice about what you should do if you experience fire damage – call your insurance company, secure the property, call a restoration team, and so forth. Something they don’t often point out is the many things you want to be sure NOT to do. Here are a few of those things you should know about if you are dealing with fire damage at your home.
- Do not try to keep any food items, including canned goods, which were inside the house during the fire. High heat can render them dangerous to consume. They should be thrown out and in some cases, you can itemize the cost to replace them as part of your insurance claim.
- Do not deal with fire ash and residue on your own. If you handle this the wrong way, you could damage walls, ceilings, and other surfaces. You could also cause respiratory distress and damage if you breathe it in. Leave it to the professionals.
- If there was heavy smoke, do not try to reuse carpeting or upholstered furniture. They will need to be replaced so as not to cause respiratory problems.
- Do not turn on any electrical appliance, including computers, which were in a smoke-filled room before they have been checked out and professionally cleaned. There may ash and debris inside the components, and if you turn them on, you risk damaging them.
- Do not enter the home until you have been told it is safe to do so. If you are not given that clearance due to structural integrity concerns, don’t go in. Period. Your life is worth more than any of your belongings that you are hoping to salvage. Let a professional handle that for you.
At SERVPRO of St. Cloud, we want you to be safe after your home experiences fire damage. We have the expertise to handle everything for you and get your home restored while not putting you in danger. We can work with your insurance company to make your fire damage restoration less stressful for you. If you are in the St. Cloud or surrounding area, the one thing you can (and should) do is call on us at (320) 248-5400.
Mold cleanup is important! Trust SERVPRO of St. Cloud to help!
This bedroom has visible mold on the walls and throughout the lower level.
The world is full of many different types of mold – some not so bad but many can be dangerous. No matter the type of mold, every kind needs some kind of moisture in order to grow. No one wants to deal with the drama of a mold clean up, so use these tips to avoid mold growth in your home.
- Empty small garbages daily, this can be a massive area of mold growth
- Use one centralized garbage that is properly sealed
- Every week, clear out old food from the fridge
- Make sure to keep cutting boards clean by using vinegar
- Utilizing the exhaust fan when cooking to avoid moisture build up
- Check water sources for leaks and drips
As you maintain these habits, you will find your home to be a clean and enjoyable place. If you find mold, remember to have it treated by a professional. Mold can be very dangerous, SERVPRO of St. Cloud is always here to help even the grossest clean outs.
Should you home or business be affected by mold, please contact SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400 for professional help!
Why do septic systems back up?
A septic backup can be a real mess!
Ask anyone that has ever dealt with a drain field. They will tell you, there are a number of reasons why drain fields back up. The most common cause for this issue is that of over usage in a small amount of time. If you have guests that come over and stay for a week or two, then this can often be the leading cause of having issues with your drain field. The septic system is not designed for a heavy use environment and as a result, this will often lead to a drain field backing up and needing service to correct the problem.
There are other factors that will play a role in the failure of a drain field. One of the other most common of these is that of the wrong items being flushed down the toilet or placed in the garbage disposal. This is a difficult thing for a person that is not accustomed to a septic system to adjust to. Unlike a sewer system that almost anything can be flushed, you have a list of items that are never to be flushed down the system. These accumulate and clog up the system. Depending on the level of the problem, you might be forced to replace the entire system to get it flowing again.
There are many other areas of concern that have to be explored if the previous ones have not been found to be the problem. One of these is the failure of the pipes that are part of the drain field system. This is often one of the overlooked issues that cause a backup in the drain field to occur.
These are just a few of the things that a homeowner needs to be on the outlook for when it is a matter of keeping their drain fields from backing up. Should your septic system backup, contact SERVPRO of St. Cloud to help. We are open 24/7 and can get your home back to normal. (320) 248-5400.
Minor water leaks can cause havoc to your home!
This home in Foley, Mn had water damage and SERVPRO of St. Cloud was there to help!
Realtors say many homeowners are unaware of a hidden water leak — which can interfere with the sale of a home, or be a concern for a new home buyer. A cracked pipe, broken seal, leaking spigot. . . There are a number of ways that water can creep into places it is not meant to go. The long-term results are more visible, including mold, rot, blistered paint, or damaged flooring.
Minor water leak often lead to major repair bills. But it’s possible to avoid the worst water damage by catching the situation early. You would probably notice a sagging ceiling above the dining room table. But what about more subtle signs? Water damage doesn’t always turn up at the source. It follows the path of least resistance, and then makes an appearance in unlikely places. You have to follow your nose, use your detective skills, or just put two and two together.
One big clue is whether there’s been a past incident with water in the home. Too often, the visible signs of a leak are eliminated but dampness within the walls or the floors is not. A floor that seems spongy and softer than it should is an indication that all is not dry underfoot. Mildew on an inside wall should set off alarm bells, or at least an investigation.
Leaks are cumulative. Building materials can absorb a surprising amount of liquid at first, but eventually the damage spreads to a deeper level, undermining your home’s structure and foundation.
Today’s homes are all about tight envelopes and energy efficiency. We have bulked up on the insulation, sealed leaks and gaps, and worked to keep as much conditioned air as possible inside the building. This efficiency, however, sometimes overlooks the fact that buildings need air circulation. Poor air flow becomes a real problem when there is water trapped somewhere. Consequences may include:
- Mold and mildew, and an unhealthy environment for the occupants
- Permanent damage to wood, carpet, wallpaper, paint and furnishings
- Drywall & insulation that needs to be removed and replaced
- Contaminated ductwork and other systems
Should you have water damage, please contact SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400. We are always here to help 24/7.
5 Frequently Asked Questions about Water Damage.
SERVPRO of St. Cloud drying out kitchen after leak in from the dishwasher.
1 What causes water damage?
Water damage can occur after natural disasters, from pipe bursts, appliance malfunctions, roof leaks, foundations leaks, septic tank overflows, poor drainage and more. Flash flooding, pipe bursts, and sewage backups are especially dangerous as they can produce several inches of water in less than a day.
2. Why is water damage dangerous?
Floodwater that comes from outside and from sewage backups contains dangerous contaminants like viruses and bacteria. If the water isn't drained within 24-48 hours, structural damage and mold growth can ensure.
3. What should I do after a flood, or sewage, or water leak?
Firstly, contact SERVPRO of St. Cloud as soon as possible. Don't wait water can cause mold and irremediable damage to the wood, walls, and carpet in your home.
4. How do certified technicians typically handle water damage?
The first thing SERVPRO of St. Cloud is to help put your mind at ease. We will determine items that can be restored. After the damaged items are removed, we will begin to dry out the water and disinfect the areas.
5. Will my homeowners insurance cover water damage?
It is important to notify your insurance company to determine your insurance coverage. SERVPRO of St. Cloud will work with your insurance company to help meet your need.
Should you suffer any water damage, mold, or fire damage to your home or business, please contact SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400 to help you with your disaster. We are open 24/7 and are happy to help!
How to find a commercial restoration company.
Should your business have a fire or water loss, know you can call SERVPRO of St. Cloud in your time of need!
When you’re staring at the aftermath of an issue, the steps to move forward in order to have your commercial property restored can be mentally taxing. There are so many factors to consider, such as cost, workplace disruptions, and plausible time frames, just to name a few. SERVPRO of St. Cloud would like to work with customers on their commercial restoration services. We believe these are a few key traits that you should look for in your commercial restoration services company:
- Experience- Especially important in commercial restoration services, experience should be at the top of your list when searching for the right company. You want someone who can give you an accurate time frame and quote, making it easier for you to plan out your budget and plan to return to your property. Only an experienced commercial restoration services crew can do that. SERVPRO has the capacity to work on small projects to large projects, as demonstrated after 9/11 when we responded to the Pentagon.
- Variety of skills- Often one problem attracts others, and it will be extremely helpful if you have one company that can assist you with multiple problems rather than several companies attempting to clean up several problems. For example, a leaky pipe and resulting water damage might cause drywall problems and mold in addition to flooding. Rather than calling a plumber, drywall professional, and mold abatement crew, it’s in your best interest to look for a single company that has expertise in all these areas. SERVPRO of St. Cloud can work with all issues and contractors.
- Professionalism- If you wouldn’t feel comfortable around someone without a professional demeanor, why would you let them into your commercial property? Dealing with a disaster is tough; don’t let an ill-mannered commercial restoration services company make it tougher.
The next time you’ve got a problem with your property, let our commercial restoration services team assist you.
Call SERVPRO of St. Cloud to help in any disaster- should that be mold, fire damage, biohazard cleanup, or water damage that affects your property. We can be reached 24/7 at (320) 248-5400.
Let SERVPRO of St. Cloud help with any house or business fire!
This house fire caused damage throughout. The owners were amazed that the fire odor was gone after SERVPRO of St. Cloud finished the job!
Once the fire trucks are gone, your journey is just beginning. That’s because your home almost certainly suffered smoke and fire damage as well as possible water damage. But the professionals at SERVPRO of St. Cloud have the skills and equipment necessary to restore your house to the way it was before the fire.
Each fire is different and every home or business requires its own specific approach, but the following is the general process we follow in a typical fire damage restoration situation:
- Emergency response. When you make your call to us, the restoration process begins. Our customer service representative will ask the right questions so that we can respond quickly and bring along the right resources and equipment.
- Inspection and assessment. We inspect the impacted area and adjoining rooms to find out the extent of the soot, smoke and other fire damage, then we can develop our plan of action.
- Securing the structure. Preventing further damage is essential, so we take immediate action to board up broken windows, shore up damaged walls and put tarps over damaged sections of the roof.
- Water removal. When water damage is present, we immediately start water removal. Dehumidifiers and air movers are used to get all the water from your home and complete the drying process.
- Surface soot and smoke removal. Using special equipment and time-tested techniques, we get rid of soot and smoke from the ceiling, all walls and other hard surfaces.
- Cleaning and disinfecting. Restorable items require cleaning and sanitizing. A variety of cleaning products and techniques are used to accomplish this as appropriate. This process includes odor removal using foggers and industrial-strength air scrubbers.
- Restoration. Getting things back to normal is the final step in the process. This can involve small repairs, drywall replacement, new carpet installation, painting and more. Major construction may sometimes also be required.
For an easy and hassle-free experience, trust SERVPRO of St. Cloud to help manage everything for you, including the insurance claims process. Call (320) 248-5400 for a quick response.
SERVPRO of St. Cloud cleans up mold!
This home in St. Cloud, Mn (56304) found mold during a remodel project.
Mold is a type of fungus. Mold spores are found in both the indoor and outdoor air, but they will only grow if they find the right conditions. Mold requires three simple elements to grow:
- Moderate temperatures
- Nutrients (food)
Mold can start to grow on interior building surfaces and furnishings if there is too much moisture. Eventually, the mold will damage the materials it is growing on and may cause health effects for occupants.
Mold and Your Health
Health effects from mold can vary greatly from person to person. Common symptoms can include coughing, runny nose, wheezing and sore throat. People with asthma or allergies may notice their symptoms worsen.
All molds are a potential health hazard
Many molds are capable of producing substances that can be harmful to your health. Molds can produce allergens and irritants that can cause illness. For this reason, all indoor mold growth should be removed promptly, regardless of the type of mold present.
Mold and water can show up in many places
- Leaking roofs and ice dams
- High humidity in bathrooms and kitchens
- Leaking pipes
- Flooding in basement
- Pooling water at foundation
- Condensation on windows and exterior walls
Should you suspect mold in your home or business, call SERVPRO of St. Cloud for consultation at (320) 248-5400.
Should your business suffer water, mold, or fire damage, call SERVPRO of St. Cloud for your repairs.
Water damage can occur in a home or a commercial establishment due to several causes and sometimes when it is least expected. Although obvious damages can be evident on items and other properties like water-soaked carpet and furniture, property owners should be aware that there are other hazards that would put the inhabitants of a property at risk.
This is exactly why water damage restoration is so important. Water damage restoration is always beneficial whenever there has been water damage to your property. Calling in a team of experts ensures that the job to restore the damaged is done quickly and right. Some people might think that water damage restoration is a DIY job. However, if you don’t do it right, you might put your property and residents there at risk.
Health Hazards Related to Damage from Water
The first and biggest risk is the health one. When a home is exposed to water for a long time, such as the occurrence of floods or sewage backups, there is the concern for the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew. Some of these microorganisms may contain harmful mycotoxins that may be harmful to humans and can cause dangerous reactions such as pathogenic diseases, immune disorders and even cancer. Some people who are exposed to these pathogens exhibit symptoms and allergic reactions that include disorientation, dizziness, nausea, painful headaches, diarrhea, chronic asthma, skin rashes, fatigue and open sores.
As professionals, we are well equipped in handling situations such as these. We use personal protective equipment such as protective eye wear, suits, gloves, boots and respirators with an N-95 filter. These things are important because the mold can become airborne while it is being removed.
Structural Risks Associated with Water Damage
When the property is exposed or soaked in water for a prolonged period, it can cause certain negative effects and subsequent damages to the structure. These effects include the following:
* Direct damage to the structural materials can result in structural instability. This includes weakening of the wall boards, weakening of the ground earth integrity, twisting and tilting of the support columns, termite damage and more.
* Malfunctions in the electrical system can cause short circuits leading to shock or fires. Water can also cause considerable damage to electronics, electrical appliances and other components.
* Prolonged exposure to water can cause corrosion to gas pipes, which eventually may result in leaks. Gas leaks can cause gas poisoning or even fires.
* Damage from water to possessions and other parts of the house including damage to items, peeling of paints, stains on furnishings and textiles, and damaged documents like books, photographs, and parchments.
When these damages continue unabated, it will create further damage to other structural components like metals, wood and even masonry. These damages can become very evident and will eventually lead to a significant decrease in the property/market value.
Effective steps are needed to tackle these health and structural hazards which come after water damage. It is better to prevent a problem than to solve it. If you have any water damage, call SERVPRO of St. Cloud at (320) 248-5400.